Sunday, June 26, 2016

MTC Week, Provo Utah

Hi Amy!
As I sit down to write Elder Holland just walked by.   It has been a crazy and amazing week.  I have missed having you here to join in our fun!
Monday and Tuesday we worked our brains out trying to get moved out and packed and get the house ready for Nick and Gina. Monday evening we were able to get together with President Pinegar and some Portuguese missionaries and on Tuesday evening Shelly Loong had an Open House in her yard for us. It was nice to have a chance to give our last hugs and say goodbye to everyone.

As far as saying good-bye, I still feel like I’m living in a dream and none of this is real.  I think the Lord is protecting me. Otherwise I’m afraid I’d be a puddle of tears al of the time.  I still feel like soon this experience will end and I’ll go home to my family, house, bed, friends. (Adam from new movie 1 just walked by)

This week we have heard from every one of the twelve this week, the Women’s Auxiliary Presidents, a member of the Bishopric, and many other members of the missionary committee.  We have eaten at the same table with Elder Andersen, Elder Christofferson, and many members of the Seventy (including the Keetchs).  We have been taught about The Book of Mormon, Adjusting to Missionary Life. Repentance, Measuring Success, Baptizing and Building the Kingdom among a few.  We’ve had the chance to teach missionaries here in the MTC.  We were assigned to a group who had Kaden Watts as their MTC teacher.  We truly have been drinking from a fire hydrant!  Many times we have been reassured that whom the Lord calls, He qualifies.   Probably the most comforting thing I‘ve heard was when Elder Bednar read D&C 31 to us.  He told us to substitute our names for Thomas Marsh’s and then said that that scripture had as much authority and power for us as it had for Thomas Marsh.  I am really unsure of my ability but have received much comfort and assurance while I’ve been here.

It certainly hasn’t been all work and no play.  Wednesday night Ashley and family came to the hotel and we played in the pool and got mango popcicles.  Friday night we added Nick’s family to that and Michael and Em.  We were in all of our glory and I’m sure we chased Sister Renlund and her family out of the pool.  Ashley brought popcorn and we had popcorn, watched the Olympic trials and played games. Saturday night we went to Midway to watch Madelyn’s dress rehearsal for The Wizard of Oz.  She was adorable!

Today we will have a testimony meeting with an Apostle and lunch.  Then we get to go home and have Sunday dinner with the family.  I’m so looking forward to that!  Tomorrow we’ll have the traditional IHop breakfast and off to the airport.  That is if I don’t wake up from this dream.

I love you and your family so much!  
Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Ola Pres e Sister Bengerter ,,seja bem Vindo entre nós ,,estamos a disposição na ala Piracicaba 3 ,,,,Fone 019-30350069 999292898 Minha esposa é responsavel pelos almoços dos Elderes e Sisteres .

    ReplyDelete