Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Dear Family and Friends!

December already?  Where did November go?  I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.  I had planned to cook a chicken but when I woke up I decided I wanted to do more so I made stuffing (kind of), mashed potatoes and gravy, and green bean casserole(again, kind of).  With that we had pao de queijo since I haven't mastered rolls with these ovens like Jalayne has, guarana and chocolate cake.  We had so much food that Howard decided to invite some friends.  I had a fun day in the kitchen and we had a fun evening together roasting in the warm weather on our deck.

It's hard to get in the Christmas spirit, but I'm enjoying all of the Christmas music that Howard downloaded for me as I sit in front of the air conditioner.  Our good friends found a live little tree for us that we decorated with some of our most precious ornaments that we brought from home.  Now we're anticipating Emily's visit in a couple of weeks to make everything complete!  I've decided that what I miss most this Christmas season other than family is singing with Friends!  It's just not Christmas without those wonderful women, their beautiful voices and their precious friendship!

We have a couple here who has been called to oversee missionary housing.  They're lifesavers!  They find new houses when a move is necessary, oversee repairs, and when things are beyond repair purchase replacements for everything from blenders to beds.  This week Howard and I went with them to make some deliveries and do some surprise inspections on the houses.  For the most part I was pleasantly surprised with how tidy the houses were.  The ones that weren't up to snuff really weren't too bad .  Word's out now that we're making surprise visits and leaving candy to the clean houses, so I expect things to get even better.  All in all it was a good day with good friends and the missionaries.

Transfers again this week!  Howard just called a new assistant.  He was so cute.  He literally looked ill when Howard finished talking to him, he had tears in his eyes and was truly humbled by the call.  He'll be great!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season, remembering always the reason for the season!

Love,

Lissa
 Stake Conference in Botucatu

Saying goodbye to one more wonderful sister

Brazilian BBQ Piracicaba Zone

Mission home christmas tree

A wonderful afternoon with District President Bonini and his family

No comments:

Post a Comment